[asterisk-users] multiple parking lot best practice

Matt Hamilton mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 23:26:02 CDT 2013

We are planning to have about 100+ parking lots defined in features.conf , each with about 4 unique park positions. Asterisk will be handling all the parking and unparking (we don't exclusively use Park/ParkedCall in the dialplan):

[parkinglot_a]
parkpos => 1-4
context=parked

[parkinglot_b]
parkpos => 5-8
context=parked

As far as I can tell, Asterisk adds/removes extensions to the parking context(s) dynamically as the calls are parked/unparked.

I'm curious which one is preferred (as far as performance and/or stability) -  to use one context for all parking lots or to use a separate context for each one?

Thanks,
Matt