[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 and RFC4662 (Resource Lists)

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Wed Oct 23 13:14:01 CDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM, Olivier <oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Many SIP phones implement list-based Notify-Subscribe mechanism with the
> phone may request to be notified of status changes from a whole list of
> resources.
>
> Thanks to PJSIP inclusion in Asterisk 12, I'm wondering how a Resource List
> Server could be implemented with Asterisk 12.
>
> 1. I couldn't see RFC4662 itself is implemented in PJSIP. Is this correct ?
>
> 2. Which architecture regarding resource lists would best match Asterisk
> current and future feature set ?
> A. In internal Asterisk feature ?
> B. An external application which would subscribe to each individual resource
> on one hand, and would serve list-based requests on the other hand ?
> C. Something else ?
>
> 3. Has someone already dealt with list-based Notify-Subscribes outside
> Asterisk scope ? How would you then qualify this experiment ?

Being that Asterisk 12 is still in beta and not widely used by the
user-base yet, you may want to ask this on the asterisk-dev list.
Those working on Asterisk 12 features may have more insight,
especially since the scope of your question covers Asterisk internals
(2.A)

--
Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager