[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 and RFC4662 (Resource Lists)

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 16 01:25:35 CDT 2013

Hi,

Many SIP phones implement list-based Notify-Subscribe mechanism with the
phone may request to be notified of status changes from a whole list of
resources.

Thanks to PJSIP inclusion in Asterisk 12, I'm wondering how a Resource List
Server could be implemented with Asterisk 12.

1. I couldn't see RFC4662 itself is implemented in PJSIP. Is this correct ?

2. Which architecture regarding resource lists would best match Asterisk
current and future feature set ?
A. In internal Asterisk feature ?
B. An external application which would subscribe to each individual
resource on one hand, and would serve list-based requests on the other hand
?
C. Something else ?

3. Has someone already dealt with list-based Notify-Subscribes outside
Asterisk scope ? How would you then qualify this experiment ?

Regards