[asterisk-users] Capture Media IP in CDR

CDR venefax at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 13:05:13 CDT 2013

Right now,there is no way know to capture the Media IP. The channel
variable does not know about it. It requires adding anew variable to
CHANNEL(), and also it entails to force every channel to update that
variable. New channels like PJSIP do not even update the known
variables like CHANNEL(recvip). So this is not trivial and in my
opinion, only Digium may do this. Also, please remember that this IP
can change dynamically along the way, via re-invites. More than once?
Don't now the answer. If that is the case, then let's create a large
variable and keep adding to it via concatenation and a field
separator.
I am not an officer, but I can see clearly when this patch will save
maybe hundreds of lives. A crucial call will come and if we know where
it came from, somebody is going to walk back home safe.