[asterisk-users] Capture Media IP in CDR (CDR)

CDR venefax at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 14:06:51 CDT 2013

I am quite surprised about the degree of surprise in the group. A few
days ago, somebody called a school and issued a threat, through my
network. The call came from China, but of course it was US caller. The
DA wants to know where call came from. The caller ID is "Restricted"
and the chinese carrier is playing games. If I had a way to store the
media IP, I would be able to pinpoint the offender in the US, or the
company that touched the media last. As a result of Asterisk not
having this functionality, many children are danger and this country
at large is at a great peril, since Asterisk is the most widely used
low-cost technology for telecommunications.
I need Digium to store this IP in the CDR. I will be honest with the
government and let them know that my tool is incapable of saving lives
or safeguarding our national security because nobody thought about
this.
PD: I am not paying for a patch, since this is huge burden on a small
company like mine, with a single employee, and also because the whole
world will enjoy the benefit. It is not fair that I would have to hire
somebody to patch Asterisk.
I appeal to Digium to patch Asterisk.