[asterisk-users] is g729 codec free? or under license???

s m sam.gh1986 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 02:52:10 CDT 2013

thank you everybody for your useful replies and so sorry to answer late.

i understand what i need. first of all, i wanna to use pass through g729
codec  (which is free). so i go to http://asterisk.hosting.lv/ to get g729
codec. i have freebsd 8.2 and asterisk 1.8.22 but there is no compatible
codec for Xeon Intel in the list. it means that i can't use codec g729 on
my system??? or can i use codec for another type of hardware for my system?
anyone has any experience?

thanks in advance
SAM