[asterisk-users] Capture Media IP in CDR

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Fri Oct 11 21:34:16 CDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM, CDR <venefax at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not proxying the media, but never the less I am forced to store
> the source media IP in my CDR, for regulatory reasons. Asterisk gets
> that information when the reinvite comes, but how do I store it?
> If I don't figure this out my next email will be from Federal Prison.
> Kindly help me stay away from those guys. Eventually we all need to
> save that information or we shall not be able to stay in business.

You can add custom fields to your CDR records using
Set(CDR(customfieldname)=foobar).  I don't know the name of the variable
you want that specifically contains the source media IP, but I imagine you
can pull it with the SIP_HEADER function, or possibly the CHANNEL(recvip)
function.

--
Thanks,
Warren Selby, dCAP