[asterisk-users] CID NAME NOT FOUND

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Tue Oct 8 13:50:51 CDT 2013

>> You might want to look at this link for some hints about what may be going on:
>> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Manipulating+Party+ID+Information

I've been pouring over that document for hours and am not really getting any further then I had.

I guess I need to explain my situation a little more.

I'm currently using CID as a means of directing and identifying station to station calls between facilities. We have agreements with our carries that allow me to set CID to whatever I choose.

So, to allow our users to make seamless calls between facilities using the PSNT, with minimal wait times, I use callerid.

Format is:

[accesscode] [destination extension] [source extension]

The access code is 2 digits, destination is 4 and source is 4.

Asterisk then breaks out the original CID, changes it to the employee's name, extension and then send it to the destination extension.

Reading the wiki documents really give me reasons why callerid reverts back to what was on the channel originally. Other then it says:

    * Caller ID: The Caller ID information describes who is originating a call.
    * Connected Line ID: The Connected Line ID information describes who is connected to the other end of a call while a call is established.

But I see no way of updating an answered call using CONNECTEDLINE.

And, all of my trials have failed.

Doug