[asterisk-users] Dahdi incoming call detection and hangup detection durations.

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 7 08:14:36 CDT 2013

Hi,

I've set an Asterisk 11 box with a TDM400 board and Dahdi 2.7.0.1.

I've connected an FXS port to an FXO one and issued a couple of channel
originate command to measure the duration Asterisk/Dahdi needs to detect a
dahdi call is coming in.

Basically, using EPOCH variable, I'm reading a 2 or 3s duration with the
followinf AEL2 dialplan:

context remote {
    s => {
        if ("x${DB(Start/FXS1)}" != "x") {
            Duration=$[${EPOCH} - ${DB(Start/FXS1)}];
            Verbose(0,Duration is ${Duration});
        }
        Answer();
        Wait(5);
        HangUp();
    };
};

context mylocal {

    1 => {
        DB(Start/FXS1)="${EPOCH}";
        Dial(DAHDI/1);
        HangUp();
    };
};

How should I rate this 2s or 3s duration ?
Can I shorten this value ?
On the opposite, which settings would significantly increase this duration ?

With the same king of dialplan, I observed hangup needed 4 or 5s to
propagate from one port to the other. How should I rate this duration ?
Can I also shorten this value ?

Regards