[asterisk-users] Invalid options

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Oct 2 13:50:09 CDT 2013

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Asmaa Ahmed wrote:

> My problem is breaking the hierarchy level. Let's say I am in the main
> menu and I have three options ( 1 for new messages, 2 change folders, 0
> mailbox options ) all of them are fine I can go through them by pressing
> the mentioned numbers, but if I pressed another number like 5, 6,...
> will hear something out of the three options I have, something in
> different level. if I pressed 7 for example, will hear something like
> (message deleted) which should be OK only if I am inside option (1 new
> messages) and asked to delete one of it, so I will press 7... but I was
> expecting to hear something like "invalid option" or do nothing at all
> if I am not inside (new messages) menu!

A better subject would also help. 'Invalid options' leaves the reader with
no clue what you need. Better bait, better fish.

Without the dialplan* and the console output**, I can't give any
suggestions.

I would suggest annotating each extension (using priority 1) in each
context with something like:

 	exten = s,1,	verbose(1,[${EXTEN}@${CONTEXT}])

this will make it easier to follow along and figure out what's wrong.

*) From the Asterisk CLI, use 'dialplan show <context-name>' and paste
that into your reply for each of the relevant contexts. I'm not interested
in what you think your dialplan looks like, only what Asterisk thinks it
looks like :)

**) Paste, don't re-type.

--
Thanks in advance,