[asterisk-users] is g729 codec free? or under license???

s m sam.gh1986 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 02:33:49 CDT 2013

thank you Dominik you help me a lot.

 and the last question is how many license key should i buy? i read that
license for g729 is per-channel but i don't understand what channel exactly
means here. this is my scenario :

10endpoints....pbx181...pbx182...pbx183...10endpoints

pbx181 and pbx183 has 10 endpoints connected to them. the call between
these endpoints are established by pbx182. if i want to buy a license for
pbx182, how many license key do i need? just one because i have just one
connection on it?  or two, because two trunks is defined on it? or as many
as endpoints which are connected to each other via pbx182?

please help me to clarify channel concept in my mind.
thanks in advance
SAM