[asterisk-users] Sangoma transcoding card bug - drops audio samples

Grzegorz Garlewicz grzegorz.garlewicz at thulium.pl
Fri Nov 22 01:54:44 CST 2013

There is a serious bug in Sangoma transcoding cards. The card has an
internal, small jitter buffer and it drops samples
from the audio stream when there is high jitter in the network. The
bandwidth is cheap now so for me the only reason
to use transcoding is where I have low-bandwidth-high-jitter links. Sangoma
said they will not fix it and we had to go back
to software transconding.

Do you have any experience with using Digium cards in such scenario?