[asterisk-users] Ast11: How to see call progress like in Ast <= 1.8

Tue Nov 19 11:35:00 CST 2013

On 19/11/13 16:44, Bas Rijniersce wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just did a test install of Ast 11, and have trouble getting the same
> logging information that Ast 1.x provided. I'm looking specifically
> for the logging around call progress / dialplan actions.
>
> In ASt 11 I've done the same thing that I did before: core set verbose 60
>
> I also tried overwriting the logger.conf with the distribution one
> from Ast 11, and setting option "logger set level verbose on" (never
> did that on older versions, but was wondering if that would make a
> difference).
>
> Still no joy, Googling around for an answer I did see a changelog with
> an example of the Call Identifier that shows a detailed logline (of
> level verbose, something I don't get in 11). ButI've been unable to
> find an answer.
>
> Any hints/tips, I must be overlooking something basic..
>
> TX!
>
> Bas

When we upgraded it still just worked as usual. The only thing we
noticed is when connecting to asterisk 'asterisk -r' by default didnt
show the same log level. Using 'asterisk -rvvv' solved it. The verbose
logs stored in /var/log/asterisk were the same though apart from the
additional call-id entry.
In our logger.conf the only significant line appears to be :-
messages => notice,warning,error,verbose