[asterisk-users] Unix connections not always disconnecting

Ioan Indreias indreias at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 01:54:38 CST 2013

Hello,

Same issue happens on one of our Call Center installation (using Asterisk
1.6) - random unresponsive Asterisk with "self heal" after 2-3 minutes.
Because we could not find the root cause (till now - many thanks Ishfaq) we
end up by nightly restart on Asterisk.

We are using CLI commands more heavier (more than 10 commands at each 10
seconds) and it is clear now that we have to switch to AMI.

However it remains the question related on why the Unix connections are not
disconnecting sometimes and how to force a "cleanup" if this could not be
solved.

Best regards,
Ioan