[asterisk-users] Redirect a GSM call through Wifi to a SIP phone

adamk at 3a.hu adamk at 3a.hu
Fri Nov 1 12:54:49 CDT 2013

Hi,

On 11/1/2013 5:02 PM, A J Stiles wrote:
> You probably will have the most success with Android, because you are going to
> need well-documented Source Code to stand a chance of getting anywhere.  You
> will need an Open Source SIP client and the Source Code for the stock Android
> GSM telephony app.  You then will have to bodge the two together somehow .....

please correct me if I'm wrong, but if the above was possible, then
also, current SIP softphone apps would be able to do

- conference calls with a mixture of GSM and SIP endpoints
- transfer calls from/to GSM to/from SIP

which as far as I know, none of the apps offer.  If I remember
correctly, one of the softphone app programmers provided a reason why
the above will never work: you can't access a GSM call from an app due
to security reasons.

I'm not sure what percentage I'm right, but I'd strongly suggest a GSM
gateway for the function either with ethernet and SIP support, or an FXO
port.  Much easier project.

regards
Adam