[asterisk-users] Registration timed out - for created users

luke devon luke_devon at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 05:32:40 CDT 2013

Hi all ,

I have managed to install and configure the

1. asterisk-1.8-current
2. dahdi-linux-complete-current

I did not faced any issues during the installation. After that I installed X-Lite soft phone in two different PCs and tested the setup. every thing was success. I was able make calls from each extensions.

But when I observe the log files , i could see some messages ......

chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for 'alphaUser at 192.168.1.12' timed out, trying again (Attempt #2)

Something is not right. I have double check the configurations. But I could not find where I have done the mistake.

following is my configurations,

sip.conf
-------
register => alpahaUser:1234 at 192.168.1.10

[alphaUser]
type=friend
username=alphaUser
secret=1234
context=tutorial
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
dtfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
subscribecontext=tutorial
mailbox=alphaUser at internal

extensions.conf

[tutorial]

exten => 5555,1,Dial(SIP/alphaUser)

Please help me to identify and resolve the issue .

Thanks in Advance
Luke.