[asterisk-users] Stress testing Asterisk

Marie Fischer marie at vtl.ee
Wed May 22 16:30:30 CDT 2013

On 22.05.2013, at 16:18, Tommy Cooper <tomcooper83 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your help I finally solved this issue. Is it possible that my setup can achieve 212 concurrent calls, I am running Asterisk on just 1 core using 3.5 GHz, and 1Gb of RAM?

Easily, as long as you have no media :)

Use -sn uac_pcap instead of -sn uac to test with RTP (and watch your call count drop). Add recording (MixMonitor()) to your dialplan and watch the call count go down even more. ;)

A rough way to see if call quality is deteriorating would be to call your Asterisk box while the SIPP test is running and listen to some message played via Background().