[asterisk-users] Fw: Stress testing Asterisk

Matias Banchoff matiasb at cespi.unlp.edu.ar
Wed May 22 10:50:05 CDT 2013

El 22/05/13 12:25, Paul Belanger escribió:
> On 13-05-22 10:02 AM, Tommy Cooper wrote:
>>  From the little experience I have I do not think that that is a good
>> way of testing the quality of voice. SIP only initiates and
>> eventually terminates the call, once that the call is connected, SIP
>> and therefore Asterisk are no longer involved. Once the call is
>> connected it is assigned to a trapsport layer protocol such as RTP.
>> RTP is the actual protocol that delivers the voice call between
>> endpoints. I believe that the setup of your network, QoS, codecs
>> etc... determine the voice quality of your system.

Hi!
   I haven't used it, but there is a quality test algorithm provided by
ITU.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2329403/how-to-start-a-voice-quality-pesq-test
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PESQ
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6043771&queryText%3DDevelopment+of+a+Speech+Quality+Monitoring+Tool+based+on+ITU-T+P.862

-----
CeSPI
Centro Superior para el Procesamiento de la Información

Universidad Nacional de La Plata