[asterisk-users] Asterisk Log rotate not working

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Tue May 21 11:24:06 CDT 2013

On 21/5/13 4:19 pm, Ahmed Munir wrote:> Last year, I installed Asterisk
10.4.2 and enabled logrotate on daily basis
> which was working perfect. Now in couple of months back, the logrotate
> feature is not working at all but simply appending the logs in 'messages'
> file. Listing down down the configuration for logrotate below;

This sounds more like a Linux/logrotate issue rather than
asterisk-specific. Are your other system logfiles successfully rotating?
(e.g. /var/log/messages)

If not, it may be something as simple as logrotate's daemon not running.
You should be able to fix that in your distro's startup scripts.

On Gentoo, you'd do something like "/etc/init.d/logrotate start" to
start it now, and "rc-update add logrotate default" to add it to your
default runlevel.

Difficult to advise further without knowing the distro in question.

Kind regards,

Chris