[asterisk-users] Asterisk Log rotate not working

Ahmed Munir ahmedmunir007 at gmail.com
Tue May 21 10:19:16 CDT 2013

Hi,

Last year, I installed Asterisk 10.4.2 and enabled logrotate on daily basis
which was working perfect. Now in couple of months back, the logrotate
feature is not working at all but simply appending the logs in 'messages'
file. Listing down down the configuration for logrotate below;

/var/log/asterisk/messages {
missingok
rotate 5
daily
postrotate
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'logger reload' > /dev/null 2> /dev/null
endscript
}

As asterisk is running by user: root so no need set asterisk permissions
'create 0640 asterisk asterisk' in above configuration.

Please advise so I can resolve this issue.

--
Regards,

Ahmed Munir Chohan