[asterisk-users] What is bootstrap.sh for ? Possible bug in 11.3.0 ?

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Tue May 7 10:26:07 CDT 2013

2013/5/7 Jason Parker <jparker at digium.com>

>  On 05/07/2013 05:13 AM, Olivier wrote:
>

>  2013/5/7 Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com>
>

>> 2. It appears as if you're running a modified version of Asterisk, in
>> which case all bets are off. This works fine on the Linux build agents,
>> which is what we use to build the tarballs on downloads.asterisk.org.
>> So, no, I don't think there's a bug in the shell script.
>>

>  I can reproduce this behaviour at will on a fresh new untouched asterisk
> 11.3.0 install on a debian squeeze (see ASTERISK-21760<https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-21760>
> )
>  Would you say that for a given asterisk version, included configure
> script should match the one generated by bootstrap.sh ?
>
>    The bootstrap.sh script is run by developers after making changes that
> require regenerating the configure script.  It isn't needed on an unpatched
> installation.  Having said that - the generated configure script will very
> rarely match the one provided in the source, since it will change
> (sometimes significantly) with differing versions of autoconf, et al.

OK and that maches what I saw.

The strange thing is that simply running bootstrap.sh on my system (without
any modifications) produces a configure script that cannot be sucessfully
executed.
And what bothers me is that installing res-memcached (see reference above)
requires such configure script to be run (after editions in
configure.acand other files).

Thanks for taking time to explain.