[asterisk-users] What is bootstrap.sh for ? Possible bug in 11.3.0 ?

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Tue May 7 09:18:36 CDT 2013

On 05/07/2013 05:13 AM, Olivier wrote:

> 2013/5/7 Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com <mailto:mjordan at digium.com>>
>

>     2. It appears as if you're running a modified version of Asterisk, in
>     which case all bets are off. This works fine on the Linux build
>     agents,
>     which is what we use to build the tarballs on
>     downloads.asterisk.org <http://downloads.asterisk.org>.
>     So, no, I don't think there's a bug in the shell script.
>

> I can reproduce this behaviour at will on a fresh new untouched
> asterisk 11.3.0 install on a debian squeeze (see ASTERISK-21760
> <https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-21760>)
> Would you say that for a given asterisk version, included configure
> script should match the one generated by bootstrap.sh ?

The bootstrap.sh script is run by developers after making changes that
require regenerating the configure script.  It isn't needed on an
unpatched installation.  Having said that - the generated configure
script will very rarely match the one provided in the source, since it
will change (sometimes significantly) with differing versions of
autoconf, et al.