[asterisk-users] Connecting Multiple Asterisk instances getting "Unable to create channel of type 'SIP'"

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Sun May 5 04:04:51 CDT 2013

<snip>

> When i make a call to extension 998 in using user as venu,
> here is the output i get..
>
> http://paste.kde.org/737894
>
> The problem is that, I'm getting the
> Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)
>

> but I want to make a call to vijay.. can anyone please let me
> know where I am going wrong?

The clue is
21.    -- Executing [999 at incoming:2] Dial("SIP/serverA-00000004",
"SIP/vijay at serverB") in new stack
24. getaddrinfo("serverB", "(null)", ...): Name or service not known
25. No such host: serverB

I believe extension 999 in server B is wrong.
It should be;

# extensions.conf in serverB
[incoming]
exten => 999,1,Answer()