[asterisk-users] Connecting Multiple Asterisk instances getting "Unable to create channel of type 'SIP'"

Sandeep Raju sandeepraju at practo.com
Sun May 5 03:33:47 CDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to connect two asterisk instances using the method described
here..

http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449332426/asterisk-OutsideConn.html

under the section

"Connecting two Asterisk systems together with SIP"

I have an user named venu in serverA and vijay in serverB

the serverA ip is 192.168.0.35 & serverB is 192.168.0.36

Here are the details of the config files (extension & sip):
http://paste.kde.org/737888

When i make a call to extension 998 in using user as venu, here is the
output i get..

http://paste.kde.org/737894

The problem is that, I'm getting the
*Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)*

but I want to make a call to vijay.. can anyone please let me know where I
am going wrong?

I have the same error when I try to make a call from sip client to a analog
phone in a single server asterisk setup... :-\

I'm running Asterisk 11.3 on Ubuntu 12.04 on a KVM virtualized instance..