[asterisk-users] Asterisk QSIG doesnt send the calling name to Nortel CS1000

Dale Noll dnoll at wi.rr.com
Fri May 3 07:35:13 CDT 2013

I never researched the problem deep enough to determine if the problem was
Asterisk's QSIG implementation or Nortel's.  I had several Nortel switches
that could pass CPND to each other, but none of them were using QSIG. I do
not remember what switchtype they were set up as... DM100 maybe?

I did not do this for my project, but in theory, a script could be written
to connect the Nortel system via Ethernet (rlogin protocol), login, start
the load and update the names database.  I did script some other things for
that.  I will have to look for my documentation on the connection.