[asterisk-users] Building Asterisk 11.4.0-rc1 with PJSIP 2.1

James Mortensen james.mortensen at voicecurve.com
Thu May 2 16:34:09 CDT 2013

Hello,

I'm working on building Asterisk 11.4.0-rc1 with pjproject 2.1 instead of
2.0 due to a crashing issue resulting from ICE.
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-21696

Currently, I'm systematically going through each Makefile in every
directory in pjproject and changing the paths that exist in the pjproject
2.0 included with Asterisk, so that I can successfully build Asterisk.

I'm using the Asterisk pjproject 2.1 port from here:
https://github.com/asterisk/pjproject

An example of the build errors I'm resolving one by one is this:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target
`../../pjlib/lib/libpj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.a', needed by
`../lib/libpjnath-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: ***
[/mnt/src/asterisk-11.4.0-rc1/res/pjproject/pjnath/lib/libpjnath-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.a]
Error 2
make: *** [res] Error 2

I'm editing the Makefiles and fixing the paths so Asterisk can find the
target.  For all the people out there smarter than me, is there a better
way to go about this?

I'm hoping upgrading PJSIP will resolve the crashing issue, and I'll
continue going through Makefiles until someone smarter than me can
enlighten me.

Thank you for your help!

--
James Mortensen