[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 and dual stack support

Michael L. Young myoung at acsacc.com
Thu Mar 21 18:02:17 CDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

Let me try to understand this.  With bindaddr set as "bindaddr=::", upon starting Asterisk, you are fine and all your IPv4 peers connect properly.  Therefore, dual stack is working at this point.  Upon issuing a "sip reload", your peers lose their ability to communicate with Asterisk?  Is that correct?  What does "netstat -lpn |grep 5060" show after the reload?

These "network unreachable" warnings are from Asterisk or your peers?

What version of Asterisk are you using?

Asterisk 1.8.0 had IPv6 support in it.  Therefore, every minor version released since would still have IPv6 support in it.

Michael