[asterisk-users] AGI return codes

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Wed Mar 20 06:56:02 CDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 22:52 +1100, Andrew Yager wrote:
> Hi Ishfaq,
> On 20/03/2013, at 10:46 PM, Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 22:32 +1100, Andrew Yager wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andrew
> >
> > Thanks for the advice, I will look into it (I'm using php)
> >
> > The script executes successfully over 99% of the time, it is run very
> > very frequently. I'm trying to track down why the 1% failures are
> > happening which is always a bit trickier than tracking down why a script
> > always fails!
> >

> In these cases it's always (very) good to think about attaching standard debugging tools like strace to the asterisk process or your AGI to see what's going on.
>
> The use of good debug logging (make sure you output information to a file on the file system) to help you keep track of what your script is doing will also be very useful, and a lot less headachy than attaching strafe to a php or asterisk process.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Hi Andrew

I have an even simpler fix for this particular script. This one isn't
really a true AGI script, all it's doing is taking the arguments
presented to it and logging them in a db table.

I'm going to try the system command instead, should have done that in
the first place but the AGI command was just my 'goto place'...

Thanks for all the advice though

--
Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, 2A ENTERPRISE HOUSE, LLOYD STREET
NORTH, MANCHESTER
SCIENCE PARK, MANCHESTER, M156SE
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552