[asterisk-users] AGI return codes

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Wed Mar 20 06:52:48 CDT 2013

Hi Ishfaq,
On 20/03/2013, at 10:46 PM, Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 22:32 +1100, Andrew Yager wrote:
>
> Hi Andrew
>
> Thanks for the advice, I will look into it (I'm using php)
>
> The script executes successfully over 99% of the time, it is run very
> very frequently. I'm trying to track down why the 1% failures are
> happening which is always a bit trickier than tracking down why a script
> always fails!

In these cases it's always (very) good to think about attaching standard debugging tools like strace to the asterisk process or your AGI to see what's going on.

The use of good debug logging (make sure you output information to a file on the file system) to help you keep track of what your script is doing will also be very useful, and a lot less headachy than attaching strafe to a php or asterisk process.

Thanks,
Andrew