[asterisk-users] AGI return codes

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Wed Mar 20 06:15:24 CDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 11:07 +0000, A J Stiles wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 March 2013, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Does anyone know what the different return codes from AGI script
> > execution mean? I'm getting a lot of
> >
> > AGI Script <script-name> completed, returning 4
> >
> > I'm using asterisk 1.8.7.0
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
> You need to check the exit statements within the AGI scripts in question.
> Different exit values usually mean different things have happened.  Typically 0
> is the most favourable exit value, i.e. everything O.K., and non-zero exit
> values indicate errors.
>
> If the authors of the scripts were nice, then they will have provided a list
> of possible exit values in the documentation, or in the script comments.

I wrote the script! I've not put exit status values in it either.

I've been having a look the source for res_agi_c (as a non c coder) and
there is a variable called returnstatus which is instantiated with the
value AGI_RESULT_SUCCESS which I assume is a constant defined elsewhere.
This variable is where the 4 is coming from.

There are other constants referred to as well so I'm trying to work out
which one equates to 4 to give me more of an idea of why the script is
failing.

--
Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, 2A ENTERPRISE HOUSE, LLOYD STREET
NORTH, MANCHESTER
SCIENCE PARK, MANCHESTER, M156SE
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552