[asterisk-users] Diagnosing call problem

Mitch Claborn mitch_ml at claborn.net
Tue Mar 19 11:39:59 CDT 2013

rtp debug on the calls that do not work correctly shows packets from
server to client only, none from client to server.

I do have

nat=no
directmedia=no

in sip.conf.  Are there other settings that might apply?

This last instance that I looked at, the problem persisted even after
restarting the client softphone program.  It was fixed after rebooting
the client computer.

Any ideas on a next step for debugging?  I was thinking I would start a
wireshark trace to see if the rtp packets are actually leaving the
client computer.

Mitch