[asterisk-users] IPv6 and IPv4 binding address on a server with 2 network cards

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Mar 17 03:12:24 CDT 2013

13 mar 2013 kl. 20:30 skrev Miguel Baptista <miguel.baptista at uninett.no>:

> Thank you Olle.
>
> Well, in my test scenario I will leave the bindaddr=:: value.
> Any idea if/when asterisk will support two specific bindaddr (one for IPv4 and another for IPv6) ?

I do hope that the new stack that will be in early beta in Asterisk 12 is going to handle that. To fix it for
current asteirsk would be messy, so I just have the habit of running Kamailio in front to handle
both these issues, as well as to add DoS protection and proper TCP/TLS support.

Like many other things, these kind of issues will be fixed when there's someone that needs to
fix it and provides funding for a developer to do it or have developer resources, fix it and contribute
the code back to the project.

/O