[asterisk-users] Asterisk authentication on LDAP (SSHA and SHA passwords)

Paulo Victor Fernandes da Silva paulovictorsilva at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 10:37:36 CDT 2013

hello guys,

  I'm working on a federal university at Brasil, we already have an
openLdap with all users and this base is used to authenticate several
services like email, vpn, wireless (RADIUS), and we have also Shibboleth
providing SSO.

 During my studies of Asterisk, i see a lot of people talking about the
incapacity of asterisk (more precisely because of SIP) to authenticate
against a ldap that uses password encrypted for anything other than MD5.

 I like to know if exist any how to use Asterisk + Ldap (using SSHA and SHA
passwords). It can be achieved in some how?

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Best Regards,
Paulo V.