[asterisk-users] Ring back issue with asterisk 1.8.18.0

shishir at warp2biz.com shishir at warp2biz.com
Thu Mar 7 15:35:24 CST 2013

Hi,
Here is the configuration of the server that I currently have

extension 100 (SIP) =>(SIP)asterisk server 1.8.18(IAX trunk) <===>(IAX
trunk)asterisk server 1.4.32(SIP) ===> SIP Providers

The issue is while dialing out from extension 100(sip) if the providers
sends back 180 Rining the SIP extension(100) won't hear the ringback
tone, where as if the providers send 183 session in progress
extension(100) will hear the ring back tone.

I tested registering to the main gateway server (by passing iax trunk)
and it plays ring back tone every time for 180 Rining and for 183
session progress.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks