[asterisk-users] Change RX Signalling Bits in Dahdi drivers

Optical Phoenix opticalphoenix at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 19:56:05 CST 2013

Greeting,
I am trying to setup PLAR signalling in asterisk. I have modified the FXSLS
TX bits in dahdi-base.c on line 2580, and I can make calls.

.sig_type = DAHDI_SIG_FXSLS,
.bits[DAHDI_TXSIG_ONHOOK]  = DAHDI_BITS_ABCD, /*changed by  for PLAR*/
.bits[DAHDI_TXSIG_OFFHOOK] = (0), /*changed by  for PLAR*/
.bits[DAHDI_TXSIG_START]   = DAHDI_BITS_ABCD, /*changed by for PLAR*/

When I got to change the rx, its a bit more complex. I have learned from
this list that dahdi_rbsbits() handles the rx bits, but my changes seem to
have no effect. Does anyone have a good understanding of this function? I
would appreciate any help you can provide.

case DAHDI_SIG_FXSLS:
if (!(cursig & DAHDI_BBIT)) {      /*Dennis RINGING  */  /*<----- I think
this is checking if the state is different from a set value? needs
clarification*/
/* Check for ringing first */
__dahdi_hooksig_pvt(chan, DAHDI_RXSIG_RING);
break;
}
if ((chan->sig != DAHDI_SIG_FXSLS) && (cursig & DAHDI_ABIT)) {  /*<------
Why is it checking DAHDI_SIG_FXSLS? do I need to modify this to be 1111
also?*/
    /* if went on hook */
__dahdi_hooksig_pvt(chan, DAHDI_RXSIG_ONHOOK);  /*<----------I think this
is passing it to a function that reacts to the signal in this case the
onhook signal?*/
} else {
__dahdi_hooksig_pvt(chan, DAHDI_RXSIG_OFFHOOK);  /* <------ same here but
with the off hook? */
}
break;
   case DAHDI_SIG_CAS:
/* send event that something changed */
__qevent(chan, DAHDI_EVENT_BITSCHANGED);
break;

Thanks
Dennis