[asterisk-users] Exiting the queue doesn't work

Gertjan Baarda gertjan.baarda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 06:27:36 CST 2013

Dear guru's

Hopefully someone can shed some light in my issue. I have created a queue
with a ringall strategy and all works fine. I want a caller to be able to
exit the queue so they can leave a message. I've added the H option in
queue command so callers can press * to exit. So far all well, on the cli
there is a message the caller pressed * and the extensions stops ringing.
But here's the thing: the caller stays in the queue and after a few seconds
the extensions starts to ring again. I want the call to leave the queue and
continue in the dialplan.

After extensively googling the issue, I've found everything (also bug
related), accept my answer. What am I missing here?

It's Asterisk 1.8 on a Debianbox.

Thanks!
Gertjan