[asterisk-users] How to configure NT/ptmp with Dahdi and BRI ?

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Sun Mar 3 10:37:02 CST 2013

Hi,

In my lab, I'm testing BRI spans in NT/ptmp mode.
My setup is:
asterisk 11.2.1
libpri 1.4.14
dahdi 2.6.1
wctdm24xxp (HA8 hybrid with B400M)

SIP phone <----> Asterisk with HA8 <----> Patton SN4638 <----> Asterisk
<----> SIP phone

The single BRI line I'm testing remains down:
CLI> pri show spans
PRI span 1/0: In Alarm, Up, Active

I'm quite certain this doesn't come from cabling as this setup worked OK in
TE/ptmp mode (ie Patton gateway acting as network and asterisk as terminal).

[  212.102644] wctdm24xxp 0000:0a:01.0: Found a Hybrid card: HA8-0000 (4
BRI spans, 0 analog channels)
[  212.226050] wctdm24xxp 0000:0a:01.0: xhfc: Configuring port 0 span 1 in
NT mode with termination resistance ENABLED

CLI> pri show span 1
Primary D-channel: 3
Switchtype: EuroISDN
Type: BRI Network PTMP
Remote type: Unknown node type
Overlap Dial: 0
Logical Channel Mapping: 0
Timer and counter settings:
  N200: 3
  N202: 3
  K: 1
  T200: 1000
  T201: 1000
  T202: 10000
  T203: 10000
  T303: 4000
  T305: 30000
  T308: 4000
  T309: 6000
  T312: 6000
  T313: 4000
  T316: -1
  N316: 2
  T-HOLD: 4000
  T-RETRIEVE: 4000
  T-RESPONSE: 4000
  T-STATUS: 4000
  T-ACTIVATE: 10000
  T-DEACTIVATE: 4000
  T-INTERROGATE: 4000
  T-RETENTION: 30000
  T-CCBS1: 4000
  T-CCBS2: 2700000
  T-CCBS3: 20000
  T-CCBS4: 5000
  T-CCBS5: 3600000
  T-CCBS6: 3600000
  T-CCNR2: 10800000
  T-CCNR5: 11700000
  T-CCNR6: 11700000
Q931 RX: 0
Q931 TX: 0
Q921 RX: 0
Q921 TX: 2
Q921 Outstanding: 0 (TEI=127)
Total active-calls:0 global:0
CC records:
Overlap Recv: No

As I was suspicious this came from the fact I previously used the same box
in TE/ptmp, I re-ran my installation script from the start but I'm still
getting the same result : the line is in Alarm.

Any hint ?
Did I miss something ?

Regards