[asterisk-users] Asterisk sends the INTERNAL IP address of my equipments to my SIP friends?!?

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Sat Jun 15 08:52:12 CDT 2013

Andreas Sikkema wrote:

> On 6/13/13 16:20 , Matthew J. Roth wrote:
> > It's hard to be certain without seeing a full SIP trace, but I think the INVITE
> > with the internal IP is actually a re-INVITE that Asterisk is sending to
> > establish a native bridge between the SIP friend and the SIP gateway to PSTN
> > converter.
>
> It's actually pretty easy.
>
> If an INVITE message has a tag parameter in both To and From headers,
> it's a re-INVITE. If the To header doesn't have a tag parameter, it's an
> initial INVITE.

Andreas,

Thanks for the tip.  That's a very useful bit of information to know.  It also
confirms that the INVITE in Mickael's original post [1] is a re-INVITE:

  From: <sip:xxxx at 109.69.217.6>;tag=as15b47581
  To: "test" <sip:xxxx at 109.69.217.6>;tag=kp1VwHD80rA9MVdBjTF4jyFIaCkrJcjh

Consequently, the advice in my response [2] about initially reconfiguring
Asterisk with "directmedia=no" and then fine-tuning the NAT SUPPORT and MEDIA
HANDLING settings is valid.

[1] http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2013-June/279435.html
[2] http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2013-June/279450.html

Regards,