[asterisk-users] A quick question in terms of DAHDI channel

Shitian Long longst.cn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 03:31:28 CDT 2013

Hello,

I have an Asterisk 1.8.11 installation. When I built up this Asterisk, I didn't install DAHDI channel, if I issue command

connect*CLI> core show channeltypes
I would have response like:
connect*CLI> core show channeltypes
Type        Description                              Devicestate  Indications  Transfer
----------  -----------                              -----------  -----------  --------
USTM        UNISTIM Channel Driver                   no           yes          no
Phone       Standard Linux Telephony API Driver      no           yes          no
Console     OSS Console Channel Driver               no           yes          no
Skinny      Skinny Client Control Protocol (Skinny)  yes          yes          no
Local       Local Proxy Channel Driver               yes          yes          no
SIP         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)        yes          yes          yes
Agent       Call Agent Proxy Channel                 yes          yes          no
MGCP        Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)    yes          yes          no
IAX2        Inter Asterisk eXchange Driver (Ver 2)   yes          yes          yes
MulticastR  Multicast RTP Paging Channel Driver      no           no           no
Bridge      Bridge Interaction Channel               no           no           no
11 channel drivers registered.

But right now, I am planing to connect a PRI trunk to this Asterisk. so I put in a PRI card install dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.2 and libpri-1.4.14. Afterward, dahdi_tool is able to find PRI board, and all channels. But my question is when I try to send call to DAHDI channel in the dial plan, CLI print out a warning saying
[Jun 13 07:48:21] WARNING[2393]: channel.c:5606 ast_request: No channel type registered for 'DAHDI'
According to my description above, it make sense, since my Asterisk does not install DAHDI channel before.
Therefore my question is in my case, it is required to re-intall whole Asterisk, or there is some other way that I just could only install DAHDI channel.

I did some google search. but I didn't find a proper answer.

Thanks for your help.

longst