[asterisk-users] ILEC Interconnect

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 15:19:06 CDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

We are looking to interconnect with a local ILEC over an OC-n transport layer.
They basically gave us two options in terms of mapping the SONET to the DS3:

* VT1.5s mapping
* DS1s mapping

The second option is quite clear. We would MUX the connection, and plug
the lines into qaud t1 cads etc... The tech mentioned that with the second
option we would also need a DACS to convert back to M13 mapping. I was
scared to tell him that I could not follow can someone explain that to
me kindly :).

I don't know much about VT1.5 mapping. Can someone kindly explain what
the benefits
or lack of are in choosing that option. Also what type of additional
equipment we
would need?

In case I have overlooked something, can you gents please tell me what
I will need in
terms of hardware in both cases (minus routers and switches). What we
are looking at is:

CO

| OC-n

DS3 MUX