[asterisk-users] Installing Asterisk 11 on VirtualBox: Illegal Instruction

jorgearturo at protoboardmx.com jorgearturo at protoboardmx.com
Thu Jun 6 13:10:49 CDT 2013

Awesome Bakko, I did what you say and now I have Asterisk 11 up and
running.

Thanks a lot!

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 11:09:48 -0500, Bakko  wrote: Hello,

 enter in "make menuselect" -> "Compiler flags" and disable "BUILD_NATIVE"
option; then recompile Asterisk

 Regards

 El 06/06/2013 10:12, jorgearturo at protoboardmx.com [1] escribi:

I'm trying to install and run Asterisk 11 on Ubuntu 12.04.2 running over
Oracle VM VirtualBox (v 4.1.8). So far I have tried it following two
guides. The first is the one from "Asterisk: The Definitive Guide" 4th
edition (http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449332426/asterisk-Install.html
[2]) and the one from Billy Chia "How to Install Asterisk 11 on Ubuntu
12.04 LTS"
(http://blogs.digium.com/2012/11/14/how-to-install-asterisk-11-on-ubuntu-12-4-lts/
[3]).

I'm able to install Dahdi, Libpri and Asterisk with no errors but as soon
as I try to start asterisk with:

/etc/init.d/asterisk start

I got an error: Illegal Instruction (coredump).

For what I
have read this might be because Asterisk isn't compiling for the
right architecture but I don't know how to solve this issue.

Hope you can give me some guidance here.

Links:
------
[1] mailto:jorgearturo at protoboardmx.com
[2] http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449332426/asterisk-Install.html