[asterisk-users] offline builds - mp3 [patch]

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Tue Jun 4 14:52:39 CDT 2013

On 04/06/13 19:13, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 06:44:43PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:

>>> I'm sure you're aware of:
>>> http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/asterisk/1:1.8.13.1~dfsg-3/mpglib
>>>

>> The notes suggest that MP3 patent issues are a factor so I guessed
>> that's why it is excluded from the tarball
>>
>> When building with rpmbuild the tarball is usually not unpacked
>> manually, hence my own proposed patch looks in /tmp for the mp3 code -
>> it could just as easily use your the patch from Debian as an input
>> though, as long as it can be found in /tmp or some other predefined
>> location.
>
> How would you do that in a proper chrooted build?
>
> The proper fix would be to applow to use a newer version of mpglib that
> is included with some distributions.

I'm not claiming that this was a proper fix - it is just a bare minimum
to allow offline builds with rpmbuild.  Although it has the feeling of a
hack, it doesn't prevent anybody implementing a more elegant solution in
future.

On the other hand, I was thinking about simply making up my own branch
of the code and a repackaged tarball and maybe even publishing some
convenient binary RPMs for everybody who wants to try this.  I realise
that asterisk-11.deb packages are a work in progress too, I didn't want
to put pressure on people to finish them, that's why I've just been
talking about the RPMs today.