[asterisk-users] Google/XMPP and Asterisk/XMPP

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Tue Jun 4 07:36:32 CDT 2013

Given the recent announcement about Google slimming their support for
public interconnection with XMPP, can anybody comment on where this
leaves the XMPP support in Asterisk?

In particular, I notice many of the references to XMPP on the wiki link to
    https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Calling+using+Google

which seems to suggest that XMPP support and Google Talk support are one
and the same.

Is the XMPP support only tuned for Google variation of XMPP/ICE/TURN, or
is it supported for all open Jabber servers?  I currently run 1.8
(before chan_motif) against ejabberd