[asterisk-users] Minimum requirement for Asterisk IVR

Justin Killen jkillen at allamericanasphalt.com
Mon Jun 3 11:06:30 CDT 2013

1)  I'm sure it's possible, it's just a matter of talking to the mobile network in question and finding out what kind of options they have available.

2/3) Once asterisk gets the call, it can redirect it to just about any endpoint you'd like it to.  For more information on asterisk's IVR capabilities, I suggest starting here: http://www.asteriskdocs.org/en/3rd_Edition/asterisk-book-html-chunk/asterisk-IVR.html

What modules you'll need will vary depending on how asterisk is connected to the PTSN and to the external IVR application.

'Do we need to install complete Asterisk'?  I guess this depends on your definition of 'complete'.  My advice to you as a start/test would be to install asterisk and all the sample configurations and then start playing around with connections.

-Justin