[asterisk-users] LUA

Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com
Fri Jul 19 08:40:18 CDT 2013

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Daniel
Taylor
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:05 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] LUA

On 07/18/2013 08:56 AM, Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com wrote:

	I am attempting to setup my server to use Lua for the dialplan
(extentions.lua), but I am unable to get the asterisk configure script
to find the installation of Lua on my box.  I have downloaded the Lua
sources from the www.lua.org site, and I have installed via the "make
linux install" command.  I can execute lua scripts via the command line,
but asterisk configure script is unable to find the installation of Lua.

	I am on a closed network, so no access to the internet so I am
not able to just install Lua using yum.

	OS CentOS 6.4

	Asterisk version 1.8.13.0 & 11.4

	$ find / -name *lua*

	/usr/local/include/lua.h

	/usr/local/include/lua.hpp

	/usr/local/include/lualib.h

	/usr/local/include/luaconf.h

	/usr/local/lib/lua

	/usr/local/lib/liblua.a

	/usr/local/bin/luac

	/usr/local/bin/lua

	/usr/lib64/liblua-5.1.so

	/usr/bin/luac

	/usr/bin/lua

You don't mention it here, so I have to ask if you tried using
--with-lua=/usr/local as an argument to configure.

--
Dan

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this, but I have tried the
-with-lua=/usr/local but I would get an error during the configure
script, something about LUA being broken or not present.  I was able to
get approval to download the rpms for lua & lua-devel and move them to
the system using a USB drive.  After running the make linux uninstall on
the source installation, and then install both RPMs for lua everything
is work correctly now.  Thanks for all the help, I would still like to
see the configure script work correctly on a source install rather than
just with the RPMs.

Jacob