[asterisk-users] CEL custom variable in outbound channel

Hristo Trendev dist.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 10:16:09 CDT 2013

Hi,

I am using Asterisk 1.8 and trying to pack some custom data in a CEL HANGUP
event.

In a master (inbound) channel I can set the CHANENL(userfield) to pass
custom information to a CEL event. In the outbound channel created by
Dial() I can also possibly use a macro/gosub on answer and set the
CHANENL(userfield) from there.

The problem is how to set it in an outbound channel created by Queue() for
example or even one created by Dial(), but which was cancelled or rejected?

If I read the docs correctly CEL uses a predefined set of values, which
mostly come from the CHANNEL function, but it cannot just pull the value of
any channel variable/function and put it in the event. Also I don't think
that there is any such thing as function value inheritance (setting
__CHANNEL(userfiled) so it is inherited so to say).

I didn't test it myself, but there is a configuration option in
manager.conf that allows a list of variables to be defined and they will
then be automatically included in AMI events.

Is there something similar for CEL events (with sqlite backend if that
matters)? Can I just get any channel variable value in a CEL event? I tried
changing the default cel_sqlite3 template to include a channel variable,
but it is always empty.

Best,
Hristo