[asterisk-users] Asterisk offline compiling with get_mp3_source.sh

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 09:38:36 CDT 2013

On Monday 15 July 2013, leonardo collantes wrote:
> I need to make a Asterisk 18.0's offline compiling,  SVN mp3 support
> sources downloading does't particulary works cause my asterisk is in an
> isolated network with NO network access whatsoever, I ve read this thread (
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2013-June/279298.html) but
> I 'm not understading one thing, because I download the file and run the
> script but there is no asterisk-contrib-mp3.tar.gz in my tmp folder

You need to download asterisk-contrib-mp3.tar.gz from somewhere on a machine
with Internet access, save it on a USB stick and save the file in /tmp/ .
Alternatively, you could go to a connected machine, and run

$ mkdir /tmp/mp3
$ svn export http://svn.digium.com/svn/thirdparty/mp3/trunk /tmp/mp3
$ cp -a /tmp/mp3 /media/usb0/

When finished, cp -a the "mp3" folder to /usr/src/asterisk/addons/ on the
Asterisk machine.

If all else fails, you can set up a temporary Internet connection by plugging
in a mobile phone and tethering to it!  If there is wi-fi on site, you won't
even run up any data charges.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.