[asterisk-users] Dongle or extra channel and sip SMS

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 14 21:00:26 CDT 2013

Hello;

I need to be able to send SMS messages for campaign or for specific users, also I need to be able to receive SMS messages and do automatic reply.
Do I have to use dongle or extra channel? What is the difference?
Also, I read that there is SMS through sip, how this work and what is the difference between the sip SMS and gsm sip? If I need to send sip SMS, how destination will receive it? What is required for destination phone to receive this sip SMS?

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Bilal