[asterisk-users] Setting the vkey background colour on Snom870

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Thu Jul 11 13:49:23 CDT 2013

Arch = x86_64
OS = CentOS-6.4 (freepbx)
Asterisk = 11.4.0
FreePBX = 2.11.0.4

Snom870 FW = 8.7.3.19 /8.4.8beta

I would like to change the background colours on the BLF vkey field
based on the station status.  I posted the following to the Snom
support forums some days back and have had no response so I am asking
here in the hope than one or more of you have done something like
this:

I have the following code in a provisioning file

<vkey_red perm="">BUSY IN_A_CALL IN_A_MEETING HOLDING</vkey_red>
<vkey_orange perm="">AWAY INACTIVE</vkey_orange>
<vkey_green perm="">AVAILABLE</vkey_green>
<vkey_blue perm="">DND</vkey_blue>

<goto_virtual_keys_state_on_activity
perm="">on</goto_virtual_keys_state_on_activity>

I have a test phone with f/w 8.7.4.8 and loaded into it the
provisioning file that include the instructions given above.  When I
place that phone on DND the BLF key for that extension does not show
any colour change at all but the text changes to [talking].  As well,
ringing, and talking actions on other extensions displayed in the BLF
do not show any change in background colour at all although the text
changes.

On phones using 8.7.3.19 using the same provisioning file the
background colour for ringing shows green and for talking shows orange
but nothing else appears to change any colour and neither red nor blue
appears used for anything.

Is there an additional setting that I have to turn on in order to use
vkey_colours on the BLF in 8.4.8?

Is there any way to control the BLF background colours in Snom870s
with f/w 8.3.7.19?  Is there any way to set the hues to colours other
than red/green/orange/blue?

Canada  L8E 3C3