[asterisk-users] Adjusting confbridge call quality

Chris Gentle gentlec at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 11:46:45 CDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Matthew J. Roth <mroth at imminc.com> wrote:
> The sampling frequency for u-law is 8,000 Hz.  You can't produce a recording
> with higher quality than the source, so you'd have to switch to a wideband codec
> to improve the conferences and recordings [1] [2].

OK, thanks for the info.  I'm perfectly OK with 8,000 Hz except that
I'm feeding the audio into a conference room from a microphone.
chan_alsa actually is the first client to connect to the confbridge
and then others can connect via SIP.  For some reason, when the
speaker says words with S's and F's, they almost sound distorted.  Not
quite static but you can tell the quality has been affected.  May just
be a side-effect of 8,000 Hz.  Just wondered if there way some way to
improve that.